• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fawl Crawl! Harlan KY Oct 9 & 10 - Pics/Vids Start Page 4!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Is there any registration for this ride?

No pre-registration required. Just show up at the Harlan County Campground about 9:00 a.m. each day and we'll hit the trails shortly thereafter. We'll divide into 3 or 4 groups depending on who shows up and what the capabilities are of each rig/driver. Bring a lunch to eat on the trail. Make sure you have your park permit before we hit the trails.

You're on your own for the Fiday night meal and on Saturday we'll be pitching-in and ordering pizza for those who want to. So if you do want to be part of the pizza dinner make sure you tell an MEB staff member on Saturday morning.

Hope to see you there. :cool: ;D

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
It's getting close! I'll be there Friday evening sometime around 6:30...if nothing else happens between now and then...long story. Anyway, I'll probably just throw a tent on the trailer. Looking forward to seeing everyone and getting in some riding Saturday. Are there any rides for Friday night?

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wish I could be there and will miss it this year. I'll be working on the bronco while ya'll are riding. Everyone have a safe trip and take lots of pics!

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We will roll in thurs. between 7-8 with the two beater rangers. Looking fwd to seeing everyone.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone staying in town at one of the hotels? Looking for recomendations

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Harlan in 2007, it was decent. It will be about 10 miles from there to the campground which is the trailhead as well. Last year we bought the RV and camped.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
We will be getting there Thursday evening.
I'm still tightening bolts and checking fluids after going to OCBR.
Found a rear driveshaft u-joint that has to be replaced.%)

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Well, I have to miss it this year. A couple things came up and my Bronco probably isn't all the way ready anyway. I have to go to Lexington on Saturday with my wife. I am trying to get out of it, but not looking good. She has to sing at an appearance and it's a good paying gig. So I have to go and take care of my crazy 3 year old and help her. I am going to the event down in Gatlinburg next though, so maybe I will see some of you there. Have a good time for me. I forgot i already agreed to go to this thing, man I need to listen or not talk to her when I have had a few beers. I will plan ahead better next time.. :)

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Filly and I are bailing too..darn it all. The tow rig is still down and so is the trail rig..too much work and not enough time for toys. I shouldn't complain..lots of folks are not working right now and we are lucky to have so much..

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
Get that 4 link suspension installed? ;D

That is in the works and is scheduled for when it gets back from Harlan. I did get the new front springs and shocks installed...along with a couple new boggers ;D Hope to see ya there...

Oh, Darrell's not going to make it...can't spare a day of hunting%) might miss that trophy buck...;)

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Steve at the Harlan County Campground posted this on the Fawl Crawl thread on Full Size.

Hello,

I'm glad to see you guys coming back to my campground to have your Fall Crawl. I still have one of your t-shirts from last years event and wear to work quite often. I hope you guys will keep considering us for events and we really appreciate the business. I'm working to improve the campground as much as we can possibly afford and hope to have a new nicer showerhouse built by next spring, as well as several more new cabins. We hope you enjoy your trip here to Harlan County and we appreciate your business.

thanks,

Stephen Foster, Owner

Harlan County Campground.

btw, I have a Ford 460 engine that runs and has less than 85k I'm trying to get rid of. $250 with trans (auto).

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky
That is in the works and is scheduled for when it gets back from Harlan. I did get the new front springs and shocks installed...along with a couple new boggers ;D Hope to see ya there...

Oh, Darrell's not going to make it...can't spare a day of hunting%) might miss that trophy buck...;)

I'm not going to make it over either. I broke a main leaf spring at OCBR and haven't had time to replace it with a 4 link yet. ;D Have fun.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Forgot to mention - the park passes are available at the campground.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Looks like I'm going to have to make a check list to use before every wheeling trip.
I replaced the u-joint and then found loose bolts on the steering box, tranny to transfercase bolts, and passenger leaf spring u-bolt:-[
Hopefully I have lubed and tightened everything that needs it.

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
Guys, this will be the 1st Fawl Crawl I'll miss, but Penny is going in for surgery in the morning and she might get mad if I'm not there! So have fun and have a beer for me.
Steve

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
Well, a change of plans...for the better ;) A friend talked me into taking 1/2 day off and Leave about noon Friday. So we should be pulling in around 2pm or so...;D Keeping our fingers crossed the tow rig's transfer case holds up...