• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Fawl Crawl - Harlan, KY - PICS START PAGE 5

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
I know about the cabins, however I always bring a slide-in camper...just hate paying $20 a nite for something that shouldn't cost more than $10. oh well...Im still coming, been wanting to go there for 5yrs.

Rockmnky

Nick, put me down for a XL... I'll be coming with Dirtrider(Brian),but gotta get my tranny and clutch in !!!!

ransil

Bronco Guru
I know about the cabins, however I always bring a slide-in camper...just hate paying $20 a nite for something that shouldn't cost more than $10. oh well...Im still coming, been wanting to go there for 5yrs.

bring an extension cord an double park.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Im trying to talk my wife into going. It's only our 25 anniversary that week. She said she wanted to do something different. I think this would be different for her and she gets to see the fall colors too.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Bax, show her these pics . . .

Attachments

• DSC03440.jpg
    DSC03440.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC03443.jpg
    DSC03443.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC03444.jpg
    DSC03444.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 9
  • PA100296 S.jpg
    PA100296 S.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 12

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Im trying to talk my wife into going. It's only our 25 anniversary that week. She said she wanted to do something different. I think this would be different for her and she gets to see the fall colors too.

and bax, ya'got a free place too stay about half way there!!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
Bax - the fall colors in VA/TN/KY are beautiful! I hope you can talk the wife into coming to KY. The pics Scoop posted of the scenery is spot-on, it really does look like that.

bludorbronc

i live in des moines,iowa and am thinking about coming down, my question is, for traveling so far how soon in the week do people show up for extra days of wheeling. what is the closest motel to the park, cheapest,nicest, or is the town small so it doesnt matter.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
i live in des moines,iowa and am thinking about coming down, my question is, for traveling so far how soon in the week do people show up for extra days of wheeling. what is the closest motel to the park, cheapest,nicest, or is the town small so it doesnt matter.

We'll be traveling from VA on Thursday and will just wheel on Friday and Saturday - maybe some on Sunday. But the park pass is good for 30 days so it won't cost any more to come early and wheel a few extra days. The park is is big enough that you can do different trail for many days! I am sure there will be others wheeling on Wednesday and Thursday too.

I've not stayed in town at a hotel but Harlan and Everts are both close and have a few hotels/motels. See the link to the Harlan area.

Hope to see you there!

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
I've stayed at the Holiday Inn in Harlan and some of the guys stay at the Mountain-Aire motel. Both are about 8-9 miles from the park, all highway driving.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

Looks like a few of us are planning on staying through Sunday and leaving on Monday. So we'll be wheeing on Sunday too! ;D

(If we don't break on Saturday!)

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

Hey bax, so did you talk the wife into a secluded romantic getaway in Kentucky (where you just happen to run into 30 of your best friends)?? ;D

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Just a couple of items as we get closer to the event date -

First the weaher is looking great - light rain on Thursday (just as we ordered to keep the dust down!), followed by 3 days of sunny weather with no rain and with highs in the low 70's. ;D (Hope I didn't just jinx the forecast!)

The KY Mountain Crawlers will be holding their Fall Crawl on Saturday the 16th. Most of their activities will be in the area of Lower Rock Garden so that area might get a bit congested on Saturday. But also might be some fun activities going on there - like a "Blind Man's Rock Challenge"! Should be fun to watch! Or enter??? :cool:

Lastly, please post up if your coming and have not already done so. I'd like to get a count to see how many trail groups we might have.

Hope to see you there!

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Gary, been working hard on my rig! just got to get the new traction bar mounted this weekend, and Ill be leaving out friday morning early...hoping to get there round 3pm

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Gary, been working hard on my rig! just got to get the new traction bar mounted this weekend, and Ill be leaving out friday morning early...hoping to get there round 3pm

Sounds good Chuck. It'll be good to see you again. I think last time was in Uwharrie, wasn't it? See you Friday afternoon. :)

Leaving thursday from va. departing ky saturday evening, maybe. maybe sunday morn.

What time you leaving on Thursday? Is your brother going make it with you? I would recommend leaving on Sunday morning!

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I would really like to come...I am still waiting on getting my 3rd member back together...apparently, the new nodular case and the bearings that were 'supposed' to fit' are a problem with the ARB...something about a different race...and we are waiting on a new "air ring" from ARB. If I can get it on the road by mid week and get it cleaned up (still coated in mud-cement from the Badlands last month when I broke the 9), then I might try to get over there. I already have the tranny and D20 back in after resealing them...I should be able to get the exhaust back in and install my new larger PS rez this weekend. I have been down almost a month and I really need to get some driving in before winter gets here. Not sure I will run anything other than easy and "moderate" trails, but we will see...peer pressure being what it is and all. Hopefully, the parts arrive very soon...

What is the camping situation like there? Is it a big field and people just set-up wherever? Is there a 'campground' or is it more, "hey, there is a flat-spot, set up the tent!"? I will check out the web-links again, but any additional info would be great.

Cheers!

John

is_wiz

Loc.
Leesburg, VA
good memory scoop
yeah, plus two bronco. My brother and his brand new untested bronco(but seems sound) will be there, and me and mine. And we'll both have trailers so for a change we won't have to stress breakages. And not stressing breakages is the sole purpose since both are sound enough to make the trip.
Got a tally of how many will be making it yet?
Guess we'll arrive around 8pm thursday. leave sunday morning.

cesco

I am not going to make it.. I am still waiting on parts from ARB.