• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thinking about producing trail covers...

is thre interest in a revivied "saddle up" type trail cover?

• Total voters

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Here's a shot of three EBs sporting Saddleup Trail Covers. They are for transport, storage, overnight cover at events, etc. for us folks with otherwise mostly open rigs.

trail-covers-2.jpg

Nice..!!

BigPrince

Loc.
Atlanta
Got Taskers cover and waiting on Locos cover so I can take them both over together along with some old school Kayline one piece soft doors we want to get patterns for (which seal much better than the bestop two piecers. I called Bestop multiple times to get the dimensions of their soft doors so we could assure customers that the trail tub openings will work with their doors. The engineer there never called me back so oh well. Heres the Trail Tub pics as of today. Passsenger side mold is off and being wet sanded, buffed and released. Came out great. Have a look;

If you wanted to make another product I surely would buy a one piece soft door for a normal non-insert door opening. Don't think anyone else makes them.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
If you wanted to make another product I surely would buy a one piece soft door for a normal non-insert door opening. Don't think anyone else makes them.

X2 on this. I'm not 100% sure I'd want a one piece door tho. Or at least I'd want some sort of window in the door. It would also have to sand up to being run with no top.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
X2 on this. I'm not 100% sure I'd want a one piece door tho. Or at least I'd want some sort of window in the door. It would also have to sand up to being run with no top.

Mike,
James Guild used to make full soft doors with zip out door. Or you could remove the top part and run it as a half door. I have a set I won at a Roundup years ago if you need a pattern. If you are planning on going to the Wrench and Roast tommorrow I can bring them.

BigPrince

Loc.
Atlanta
Mike,
James Guild used to make full soft doors with zip out door. Or you could remove the top part and run it as a half door. I have a set I won at a Roundup years ago if you need a pattern. If you are planning on going to the Wrench and Roast tommorrow I can bring them.

That would be awesome if they matched a Bestop soft top material :)

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Mike,

That is exactly what I was thinking of. I knew I had seen them before.

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Hey All-
Sorry we didn't make it to the W n R but had people at our display till way late. Hope you all had a good time and got alot done. Maybe next year.

Tasker and his evil side kick Something-Whipped stopped by our booth to rub in the Gore blindfold event win (again). Just so you know-
Team BroncoDesign has new echo/radar/laser terrain mapping technology with the computer guided autopark steering technology we stole from a 2012 Focus under development for next year so don't bother competeing again guys. Mel will be doing her nails and Jason will have phones on both ears while IT drives the course in record time.

The one piece no insert soft door is interesting but the Bronco Widow says I'm dangerously close to over committed. (Or maybe she said she was going to commit me). Wasn't really listening when she said it. I heard waahh wah wah Wahhh wahh and that was about it. Got any pics of them???

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
PICS of the winning team? i'm sure i can find some!
Good seeing you guys this weekend wish you could of made it out to Drew's but oh well....hopefully a successfull weekend for you?

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA

NO Tasker. Not you clowns, pics of the soft doors or is there a thread?? I'll show it to the upholstery guy for sure. If he can bang out the covers quickly and there's real interest we'll look at that next along w/ the Kayline full door repros.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I've been searching on Google and can't come up with anything. I'm not sure that James Guild's last name is spelled correctly. I know someone on Classic must have a set. I can remember seeing an ad for them in some of the early Bronco Driver's too...I think.

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
I've been searching on Google and can't come up with anything. I'm not sure that James Guild's last name is spelled correctly. I know someone on Classic must have a set. I can remember seeing an ad for them in some of the early Bronco Driver's too...I think.

Where is he now? Still a Forum member? Whats the history of the product?

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Not sure where he is now. From what I remember he made a bunch of them and then stopped.

Here is a picture from Gore in 09. I don't have a picture of the outer side.

Oh, posted a thread asking about them and got this picture.

Attachments

• Ken's Pics Roundup 2009 033.jpg
    Ken's Pics Roundup 2009 033.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 72
  • broncdoorshead.jpg
    broncdoorshead.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 251

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Mike,

Maybe Allen can post pictures for us? ;D

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Here's some pictures from 09' I have door inserts on there now.

Attachments

• Bronco August 09' 005.jpg
    Bronco August 09' 005.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 68
  • Bronco August 09' 006.jpg
    Bronco August 09' 006.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 57
OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
My upholstery guy found this while cruising on the web. I'm guessing this is the door you guys are referring to. Not too pretty, loose, complex looking to make which translates to expensive (unless you work for $8/hr like me). He's Ukranian and has a strange sense of humor (kind of like Tasker). He also suggested a new power window system. Take a look...

Attachments

• power windows.jpg
    power windows.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 62
  • one piece soft door no inserts.jpg
    one piece soft door no inserts.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 54

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
ouch! that hurts almost as much as a severed thumb! :cry:

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Marcos cover came yesterday so we'll get the two up to Serguei and turn him loose. Thanks Marco!! Can't wait since the bosses Nissan is outside and my '76 clunker gets top billing in the garage. One of MY requirements is the ability to hold a snow load.....