• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Built half of my roll cage yesterday and went for a ride today. Man was it a nice day for a ride with the top off.

jray

We went on a date, drove it to town for a subway sandwich and an ice cream cone. Man it's running good right now, got some looks and a compliment. Sprayed water on the rear lift gate and tail gate to see where it was leaking, will be ordering gaskets soon.

nickeboy

Contributor
Built a Hoist System to store my hard top. Removed the hard top and getting the inside ready for a rattle can makeover.

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
I installed my WH terminator bumper. It isn't permanently installed yet. I am prepping car for summer rebuild.

Attachments

• moto_0488.jpg
    moto_0488.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 36

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
washed, buffed & waxed the truck, repainted the exhaust system, lubed the drive shafts, repainted the rear shaft, vac'ed the inside, touched up the rock chips, bleed the brakes, rotated the tires, replaced a damaged piece of weather strip, replaced the lift gate gas springs, touched up the bumpers, replaced the heat sheild under the hood and a few other odds and ends.

shonivey

painting the door inserts i got at cb4x4 . and heading out to get the bearings to rebuild dad's tow dolly.
and I'm gonna drive the piss out of it...warm weather is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
gassed up yet again and took the long way to work.....

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
Started plumbing the EFI lines...got extremely frustrated. To relieve some stress, I broke out the welder and fixed the shifter-hits-the-dash problem. Works like a charm now.

I actually took the time to sit in the "seat" (aka...cinder block) and shift through the gears and look through the windshield. It was a great feeling and good motivator.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Put the ignition switch back in and started it up just to hear it run ;D Wareaglebronc came over to play Bronco. We traced wires, fixed everything we found that needed fixing and he tried to set my finger on fire. Not fun, good thing, ouch. %)

All in all, we had a great time and productive day!

Oh - and I went and picked up the steel for my dash overlay and new glovebox! :)

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Ordered an HID kit with projector lenses. Was actually less expensive than buying the H4 harness from the vendors.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Ordered an HID kit with projector lenses. Was actually less expensive than buying the H4 harness from the vendors.

Where'd you find them? Let me know when you get them in and post some pics. I'd like to know what you think of them once they're installed and see how they perform.

No plans for euro tailights yet though, right? ;D

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Where'd you find them? Let me know when you get them in and post some pics. I'd like to know what you think of them once they're installed and see how they perform.

No plans for euro tailights yet though, right? ;D

Its a bit of a project but I'll post up my results.

I went with a cheap eBay HID kid - bi-xenon 35W 6000K H4 bulbs and ballasts and am paring those with a standard 7" round headlight that has an integrated projector in the housing. I'm not sure how this cheap projector will work; i.e. if I'll get a good cutoff or if the light will be scattered everywhere.

I just knew I was on borrowed time with my H4's running on my stock harness so upgrading to these cooler running 35W HIDs won't fry my stock harness and should provide much better lighting provided that I can aim them and not blind oncoming traffic.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Its a bit of a project but I'll post up my results.

I went with a cheap eBay HID kid - bi-xenon 35W 6000K H4 bulbs and ballasts and am paring those with a standard 7" round headlight that has an integrated projector in the housing. I'm not sure how this cheap projector will work; i.e. if I'll get a good cutoff or if the light will be scattered everywhere.

I just knew I was on borrowed time with my H4's running on my stock harness so upgrading to these cooler running 35W HIDs won't fry my stock harness and should provide much better lighting provided that I can aim them and not blind oncoming traffic.

You say cut-off - do you mean how the lights seem to have a straight line at the top of the beam or projection where the light just stops? My mother's Subaru is the first (and only) thing I've ever driven with the projecter headlights and man that bugs me! You get used to it after a while?