• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
or to rest a boot coozie with a beer in it.....just saying..

dmeier

Loc.
Comfort, TX
Finished rebuilding the t-case. Finally get to drive it again after installing the 2.5" lift. This puppy is taking shape, just need to finish welding up the front bumper my dad and I fabricated (its always good time spent with my dad).

rtj731

Well, pulled a little maintenance, found leaking fuel pump block off plate, redid it, installed rear 9" armor, while at it found the rear u-joint worn, replaced it with my wheeling spare. Seems like I have more spare parts than I remember. Zerk fitting gone from tie rod, replaced. Looks like I need to pull maintenance more often.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Brake lines are dooonnnneeee, found out I have to get a 157 tooth block plate to go with my car C4. Sucks to discover this once you have manhandled the bastard up there by hand and see the starter bolt holes dont line up. Oh well. I'll have the right plate on Thursday next week, then I'll get the rest of the drivetrain installed.

rtj731

Brake lines are dooonnnneeee, found out I have to get a 157 tooth block plate to go with my car C4. Sucks to discover this once you have manhandled the bastard up there by hand and see the starter bolt holes dont line up. Oh well. I'll have the right plate on Thursday next week, then I'll get the rest of the drivetrain installed.

Tito,
What's the G2 on the car C4, fill us in. I have done two rebuilds on mine, and thinking ahead as to when again.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Tito,
What's the G2 on the car C4, fill us in. I have done two rebuilds on mine, and thinking ahead as to when again.

Well this project was a Bronco in a box kind of deal that I got 3 years ago and am just now working on it so discovering a few of the previous owner oddities. No bad ones so far, just a couple strange ones. The Bronco came with 2 C4s, one was a 4wd version and one was a 2wd version. Well when we moved to CA last year I had to clear house so sadly I tossed the 2wd C4 which apparently was the Bronco unit and they had put together the car c4 with the Bronco tailhousing and car bellhousing. Not much different that I know, I am sure a few of the experts know more but my trans shop built it to spec. Only issue is that the 157 tooth car C4 has a smaller bellhousing and different starter location, thus requiring a car block plate and the 1" smaller flexplate and matching torque converter. The 164 wont even come close to fitting into the bellhousing. So its kind of an interesting combo but I guess not too crazy, just need to remember it and pass the info on to the new owner when I sell it. Anyways, as with everything you learn a lot even if you've been there done that before ;D

scbronco

Loc.
Sumter, SC
more sheetmetal... im almost done with the floors. i have 7 small panels left to burn in, and then on to the fenders and quarters.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Took it for a little ride and stopped by and picked up some BBQ. It's bogging a little just off idle. I guess I'll look into that tomorrow.

Evian

Loc.
Algonquin/IL
Removed gas tank, POR 15 frame and undercarriage. Will now spend the next two weeks trying to remove the POR 15 that got on my hands and neck :)