• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
Installed my Scott Drake blemished valve covers – I think I found the blemish on the PS cover but I’m not sure if there is a defect on the DS. – Thanks malibubronco.

Polished a set of ss button head screws and washers for what I think is a neater look than the traditional studs and tall nuts. (Chased threads and used anti-seize due to dissimilar metals.)

Worked with the kid at the muffler shop to reroute the tailpipe for better clearance around the fuel tank, tank hanger, spring, and shackle.

Ordered more parts for the long weekend coming up!:)

Attachments

• camera 007 (Medium).jpg
    camera 007 (Medium).jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 19
  • camera 009 (Medium).jpg
    camera 009 (Medium).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 19
  • camera 010 (Medium).jpg
    camera 010 (Medium).jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Had to take one of my tires to my friendly heighborhood tire vulcanizer to have the side wall repaired after a fun day of wheeling yesterday.......;D

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I modified some early (vacuum wiper) sun visors to fit in my 77. They work great. I got them cheap off of ebay.;D

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Drove it! Had a good time. Had the wife with me and went up to the mountains for the afternoon. Not much conversation over the 12" magnaflow and 3" exhaust but we still enjoyed the scenery.

crtilghman

new master cylinder new front brake hose and the knowledge that i need to check brake lines before you take the bronco for a drive out in the woods lol

ugly74

Bronco abuser
I looked it over, wishing I had a real shop instead of a 1 car garage and loose decomposed granite driveway

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Well, i caught my bronco on fire!!! How's that for a productive day?

Fortunately, i had a couple of extinguishers nearby and was able to put it out before utter disaster. Talk about having your heart in your throat.....i think I swallowed my ars!

Put a holly blue fuel pump and Mallory regulator and then replumbed fuel lines with braided hose and AN fittings. Had to install a carb spacer to clear the fuel log. Cleaned the carb up a little while I had it off.....put it back on and when i started the pump, the float was stuck with junk and had gas pouring out of carb. Pulled the plugs to crank all the fuel out and forgot to disconnect the HEI distributor.....and CAWOOM.

The good news is it wasn't a hot fire and didn't burn anything important like my paint or wiring harness or !?!?!??!??

Pushed it out of the shop and gave it a good bath to get all the crud off of it! Geeze talk about brain fart!!!!

Don't forgot your fire extinguishers guys and gals....you never know when your going to need it!!!!

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Helped Stingus replace his heater core and Ignition Control Module (and the new one was bad...) and to say thanks, he put a new Duraspark box in mine and we got her running again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-in5J7pn88

What year is your bronco? I installed a new one in mine that seemed to be bad but found out that the '75 year model uses a green coded module instead of the traditional blue used in all other years.

msweb

Bronco Guru
What year is your bronco? I installed a new one in mine that seemed to be bad but found out that the '75 year model uses a green coded module instead of the traditional blue used in all other years.

I think his is actually a 73 and it had an Accel module that I believe was green? Hmmm...... Now I wish I didn't delete all thost pictures off of my phone.... ?:?

Stingus? a little help here brother?

msweb

Bronco Guru
Rescued Wareaglebronc's Bronco from a 18 month stay at the bodyshop where it was undergoing a nearly complete frame off resto during his second tour in Afghanistan. We had to set the float on a new carb that was just mounted and he DROVE it onto the trailer for the first time in almost 2 years! She still has some issues but let me tell you, she's one FINE steed!!! :eek:

Old Blue was PROUD to bring this soldier's bronco home! :cool: Go Air Cav!!!!!

Attachments

• Justin's Bronco.jpg
    Justin's Bronco.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Justing's Bronco2.jpg
    Justing's Bronco2.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Took mine TOO the spray booth finally finally finally. Should get it out Friday, I'll become a Contributer again and post some pics, when I get her out.

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Picking up parts for the Explorer serpentine conversion, hopefully the auto wrecker will have all the parts today.

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Backed it out of the driveway and then back in, out from behind the other trucks.

Probably going to put the hard top back on after Turkeyween. I need to hit the rain gutter on it with the wire brush.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well, i caught my bronco on fire!!! How's that for a productive day?

Don't forgot your fire extinguishers guys and gals....you never know when your going to need it!!!!

Daaaaaaaang man, that sounds like un-productive, glad it wasn't worst than that & you are alright

Tasty Geezer

I removed my stock spare tire carrier and cleaned it up, painted it to match the color of my truck and installed new bushings and a shinny striker plate. Looks good and no more rattles from the rear!

Removed my vent windows to rebuild and removed all the weatherstriping in and around the doors and window. Now just waiting on the Big Brown truck to arrive tomorrow with a box of new parts;D. That will hopefully fix the whistling vent windows and the rattling door windows. I guess I will find out on my drive from Florida to Louisiana for Turkey Day!