• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Well just bought my first EB 2 weeks ago. This weekend:

- Dropped the aux tank and discovered its a 12gal NWMP tank. Going to get it cleaned out/repainted/wired up

- Rewired the license plate light and took the headlight switch apart to clean it. Figured out a lot of my brake/signal lighting problems. Still have a gremlin somewhere

- Checked and tightened every bolt on the drivetrain, found quite a few that were loose

- Realized how bad the stock wheel studs are, going to get those replaced

- Spent 5+ hours on here looking at LUBR wheel/tire/lift/cage options

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Found more rust on the drivers side kick panel.. That will be a bitch to replace.. aarrggh. I guess I need to work on the dash tonight to take it out of the way...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hope it don't take ya long. Not happy having to leave mine behind in MS while I move to PA to start new job.

Emission testing in PA may prevent me from taking it up there. That would suck!!

Good luck though Dave. Hope you find you next love quickly.

Thank you sir, I know exactly what you mean. I'm ironing out all the details, and hope to come out of the darkness soon. ;D

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
Put chassis coating on underbody, tub and engine compartment. came out nice. however, noticed that the body and frame is slightly canted to where passengerside tire sticks out an inch or soand the driverside is recessed and inch or so.looks like coil springs were installed crooked. Didnt see that coming.

That sounds more like trac bar length issue. Kinda hard to install coil springs crooked

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
figured out I can stop the short by adding some washers under the steering wheel. now to do it.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Drove it to work so I could show off the new Bailibilt front bumper and new winch. Coworkers love it and I've seen several folks stopping by to take a look from my office window. (Have to park it where I can keep an eye on it) I keep telling my wife it looks strange with that fresh new bumper on the front and the stock one on the back. ;-) I think she's taking the hint. Hoping to get the Protofab bumper before years end.

Attachments

• Bumper.jpg
    Bumper.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

6daze

Frame mounts for the long arms
62b0a7fd-3284-d981.jpg

nchernecke

Loc.
Louisville
Re-energized the factory wiring harness and wouldn't you know a bunch-o-stuff started working, turn signals, horn, fuel guage...one step closer to being able to register this thing.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
washed, gassed and put on some miles with my brothers today!

Fredly1

Put front end back on. Drove it to the gas station. (first time in a couple of years!) Filled it up and took it for a drive. Don't have the top back on, but the heater upgrade was real nice!!

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Removed the dash, pulled out the hacked up wiring harness, and wired the rear portion of the rig with the new T3 harness. My lovely bride sanded the passenger side front fender and says she wants to sand the rest too. I love this woman!

svobronco

Contributor
Drove it more miles than it's seen in almost 10 years and had a great time with a great bunch of guys!