• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
You say cut-off - do you mean how the lights seem to have a straight line at the top of the beam or projection where the light just stops?

Exactly. Thats what low beams are supposed to do. High beams are for aiming "up" for distance lighting.

The cutoff is there because HID's throw more light and that can be dangerous of that light is aimed to high and blinds other drivers.

If you put an HID setup in a non-HID housing you'll throw more light but using the stock scatter pattern which they were not designed to do.

Here's a couple of pics to show what I'm trying to explain. Pic one is a true HID setup in an HID housing - note the sharp cutoff. Pic two is HIDs in standard housings - the results dont look that dramatic but imagine driving in front of this guy or towards him, you're going to get flashed by his lights - almost as if he had his high beams on.

I doubt my project will come out as good as pic one but I'm hoping its better than pic two.

Attachments

• bbbbbml1_OGE_PakWheels(com).jpg
    bbbbbml1_OGE_PakWheels(com).jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 29
  • beam.JPG
    beam.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 26

msweb

Bronco Guru
Exactly. Thats what low beams are supposed to do. High beams are for aiming "up" for distance lighting.

The cutoff is there because HID's throw more light and that can be dangerous of that light is aimed to high and blinds other drivers.

Excellent illustration and explanation.

I like the intensity but watching the "cutoff" line bounce up and down while driving is very distracting and it annoys the crap out of me.

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Excellent illustration and explanation.

I like the intensity but watching the "cutoff" line bounce up and down while driving is very distracting and it annoys the crap out of me.

Ha - some high dollar luxury vehicles have adaptive HIDs that "self level" to prevent this from happening.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Ha - some high dollar luxury vehicles have adaptive HIDs that "self level" to prevent this from happening.

Ok, now that I could live with. Doubt I'll ever have one of those high dollar luxury vehicles though. All that money goes into the Bronco fund.

myclsic69

re-covered all seats last week while temps were in the 80's, Finally have all metal panels bolted back on for the last time, started running all new brake lines.
I'm tryyyyying to get this job done for the Truck show in carlisle Pa. this August.
We'll see. sorry no photos.

caribbeanlivin

Loc.
Canton
Got my 2-1/2" lift kit, warn hubs and twin stick shifter in today and will start taking the old stuff off and putting my new goodies on tomorrow morning!!!

msweb

Bronco Guru
fired her up... vrooom vroooom

Karma's a bitch..... I went to use the 4-wheeler this evening and it wouldn't start. At first I thought it was a low battery and immediately thought about you and the charger... Turns out it's got juice but the starter won't stay engaged :mad:

Hope you're happy man :p

markperry

Bronco Guru
I started too change the pinion seal on the Dana 44 front, but figured out that I did not have an 1"1/8 socket. So the Bronco sat and watched me change the lower control arms and upper ball joints, polyurethane bushings etc, on my 76 Mustang.

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Got both front fenders off and the front grill. Cut out some of the rust holes and preped them for new patches to go it.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Karma's a bitch..... I went to use the 4-wheeler this evening and it wouldn't start. At first I thought it was a low battery and immediately thought about you and the charger... Turns out it's got juice but the starter won't stay engaged :mad:

Hope you're happy man :p

LOL, of course I'm not happy.... I have no doubts you will get her fixed right up ;)

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
Continued cleaning the underside of my hood...found a couple more small stress cracks I hadn't noticed before. Now I'm debating just getting a different hood; new or in better condition. Does the spending never end?:)

crankman

nothing has broke lately :cool: so with that said i will get home and there will be a large puddle underneath her.;D