• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2009 MEB Rausch Creek Snow Run - February 21

cesco

I am planning on coming... I also asked my brother to bring his BII and Pete (the toyota truck that went to Harlan) to come along also.. so maybe I will have some company for the trip...

finally got around to putting on the boggers, so I will be showing up with some new shoes on... what little I have run them around here, I haven't decided how I like them compared to the iroks..

OX1

Bronco Guru
I am planning on coming... I also asked my brother to bring his BII and Pete (the toyota truck that went to Harlan) to come along also.. so maybe I will have some company for the trip...

finally got around to putting on the boggers, so I will be showing up with some new shoes on... what little I have run them around here, I haven't decided how I like them compared to the iroks..

Oooh, boggers on a snow run, what fun!!!! %) :p

450rbronco

supposed to be in 50s this weekend so you guys might wanna call it a mud run

chris

No more Rock Crawler

It tends to melt the snow and it turns into a Ice run. Last year had 4-6 inches of snow on top of ice.

jmcallis

Loc.
Laurel, MD

Well that sounds like FUN too! See you guys there.

My computer crashed again, so I lost an email. Anyone interested in a caravan drive up to the park? I could meet you anywhere along the route north. I live just of I-95 about 15 miles north or Wash DC.

EB Newbie

OX1

Bronco Guru
i think your jealous........:p

If you mean due to the adrenalin rush you get from having zero traction in the snow, then yes. :p I did manage this, so I guess they aren't that bad, Heehee!!

Attachments

• broncsnowcar1.jpg
    broncsnowcar1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 21
  • broncsnowcara.jpg
    broncsnowcara.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 27

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
Well that sounds like FUN too! See you guys there.

My computer crashed again, so I lost an email. Anyone interested in a caravan drive up to the park? I could meet you anywhere along the route north. I live just of I-95 about 15 miles north or Wash DC.

EB Newbie

Chris forwarded your email to the BOD, and I replied to you. I live in Manassas, VA but I'm going this time. You should hear from Scoop, he lives in Manassas also and he is going on the snow run.

Judy - President MEB

cesco

If you mean due to the adrenalin rush you get from having zero traction in the snow, then yes. :p I did manage this, so I guess they aren't that bad, Heehee!!

what do you mean having zero traction? as long as you are going straight and mash on the skinny pedal they have traction;D just don't expect to turn:eek: :p

I will probably put the iroks back on anyways the one beadlock leaks pretty bad and I've been to lazy to try and fix it.. just keep putting air in it every few hours%)

OX1

Bronco Guru
they have traction

My bad, your right. Plenty of traction, straight down...... :p

I know lots of people swear by em for crawling, but my couple times crawling my mud truck, they were horrible. They do throw some goo, if you got the power.......

cesco

My bad, your right. Plenty of traction, straight down...... :p

I know lots of people swear by em for crawling, but my couple times crawling my mud truck, they were horrible. They do throw some goo, if you got the power.......

I had these out a couple times and did not like them as well as the iroks in the rocks. but I think they do better than the iroks in the wet some what muddy trials.. and yes I need more motor. I am going to cut some grooves in them if I ever take the time to do it.. that's my .02 for now

cesco

finally took the winch apart and the part should be in this week to fix it. $29.53 and it will be back in action. trying to get ramsey to warranty the part, not sure how that is going to go. if would have sent them the whole winch it would have been fixed under warranty.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
finally took the winch apart and the part should be in this week to fix it. $29.53 and it will be back in action. trying to get ramsey to warranty the part, not sure how that is going to go. if would have sent them the whole winch it would have been fixed under warranty.

And it would have been $80 for shipping. %)

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
gary,

there is plenty of snow and ICE at RC. ran some normally easy trails that where hard with the ice. should be fun, hope the nice weather holds out.

cesco

I have a couple more guys coming with me. 1 with a Toyota truck and another with a Jeep TJ.
I better get my junk fixed this weekend

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Looks like snow towards the end of next week so there will be fresh stuff!

cesco

hopefully it's there before the trip out
leaving early in the morning again this year, but this time I am not waiting on people to show up...

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
my bro-in-law is coming also in his J**P Scrambler, should be a good turn-out.