• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2009 MEB Rausch Creek Snow Run - February 21

jmcallis

Loc.
Laurel, MD
Well, I have been busy getting my rig ready. Put on a new CB antenna, got my high lift mounted, repaired my rear bumper, created a new bracket to hold the wiper motor cover up (fell down when I got a bit of air on a railroad track in Balt City last week), installed my larger gas tank.

I should have my new rock sliders installed tomorrow or Wed. Depends on weather. I just measured them up (cut to spec) and painted them up.

I've never been to RC so were is the best place to camp on a friday night? Can we bring firewood for a campfire in the Park area for Friday night?

Jason

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I've never been to RC so were is the best place to camp on a friday night? Can we bring firewood for a campfire in the Park area for Friday night?

Jason

Jason: With prior arrangement, Rausch will let you camp overnight in the parking lot. It's primitive camping but the location is great! I just spoke to Lynn at Rausch and told her that MEB may have some people coming up on Friday night to camp and she said OK. There will be another club there as well with some Friday night campers. If you arrive late the entrance will be blocked by a cable - it's looks to the uninformed to be a locked cable, but the left side is just clipped to a tree with a carabiner. Drop the cable and go in and put the cable back up. Best camping will be to the right after you clear the trees at the entrance. SMALL fires are OK and I think there may be some fire rings available. She just does not want big fires close to road attracting a lot of attention from passerbys.

I have not decided yet, but I may come up on Friday night as well.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Looks like I am not going to make it. I have not been home on a weekend in three weeks and it looks like we are going to have some bad weather on Saturday so I am going to have to pass. I also dont really have the money for the fuel to get up there and a room to stay (I just listed two of my broncos for sale on this sight) It kills me because I have not had my truck off road since last summer! I will make the bronco round up in VA come hell or high water! Hope everyone that goes has a good time and post some pics when you get back.

Brawnko

Loc.
Mechanicsville
You guys have a great time this weekend! I'll be thinking about you while I am at work, work, work so I can later play, play, play :cool:

chris

No more Rock Crawler
You guys have a great time this weekend! I'll be thinking about you while I am at work, work, work so I can later play, play, play :cool:

Looks like we might have a little light snow on Sat.

Sorry you can't make it but we know how busy this time of the year is for you.

Campgroundguy

;D Look Out Here We Come!! ;D or at least I hope. Me in the blue rocks beast and maybe a couple more guys in whatever bronco runs. Wish us luck, hope to see you guys there.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Here I am again..... asking for a seat. Does anyone have a seat available???

jmcallis

Loc.
Laurel, MD
I'm in for sure. It is shaping up that I'll drive up from Laurel MD about 5:45 am to be there for sure on time. My friend with a Jeep Rubi will be meeting me up there. His is a stocker so I'm not sure if he will drive or ride with me. Depends on how much snow.

I'm pumped to finally get to wheel this project rig!

See you all on Sat morning.

Jason

cesco

I have to meet a guy some where around the Hazleton exit on I-80 at 8am. so hopefully he will be on time and not late again this year.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Sat
Feb 21
Mostly Sunny

35° High
27° Low

Looking good!

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
I was trying to make it but work has me all jammed up so it looks like a no go for Saturday for me. I have a group tripped planned March 7 if anyone is around. Have fun and be careful!!

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Anybody??? I don't want to beg but if I have to I will :)

Somebody have an open seat for Allen? I can vouch for him, he's not a pervert. :-*

You could probobly ride with Jeff, I don't think he has anyone riding with him.

I have the boys with me so I could put them in the back, just gets a little hard for the oldest to get in and out with the top on.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
I was trying to make it but work has me all jammed up so it looks like a no go for Saturday for me. I have a group tripped planned March 7 if anyone is around. Have fun and be careful!!

Sorry to hear that. I might be able to make the 7th, Mtfit gets up there alot so he might be able to go.