• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fawl Crawl - Harlan, KY Oct 19-20 UPDATED INFO 10/15

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Registration for the Mid-Atlantic Early Bronco's Annual Fawl Crawl is now available on the MEB web site. Please see http://www.earlybroncos.com/content/07fc.html for detailed information about the event. There is a link at the bottom to the registration page. Please sign up soon so we can get an idea of how many to expect.

This year's Fawl Crawl will be held at the Black Mountain Offroad Adventure Park Located in Harlan, KY, and will be in conjunction with the Kentucky Mountain Crawler's (KYMC) Fall Crawl event. KYMC will be providing trail guides and they assure me they have trails for everybody. Over 20 miles of scenic stocker trails to as nasty as you want to get. (BroncoMarc - we're gonna hook you up!)

This year food on both Friday and Saturday nights will be provided by KYMC. See the above link for details, but please reply to this note or PM me with a count of people in your group who are planning on eating each night.

MEB event headquarters will be at Verda Field and primitive camping is available there (campsites and RV no hook-up parking). There will be port-a-potties supplied, there are no bath/shower facilities but water is available. *** CORRECTION - There is free primitive camping IN THE PARK - no amenities. KYMC is charging $5 per night for camping at Verda Field which does have the port-a-potties, water spigots and some shared electircal is available. ***

So sign up soon and come check out Black Mountain Offroad Adventure Park! There is no fee to wheel at this park. As we have at past Fawl Crawl events, MEB is asking for a $20 donation from each registered driver/vehicle which MEB will present to Harlan County and Black Mountain Offroad Adventure Park for trail maintenance and upkeep.

Let me, Karl or Donald know if you have any questions or need more info.

Gary Gibson
MEB Events Coordinator

Karl Bradley & Donald Dickerson
Fawl Crawl Committee

Attachments

• 07FC_banner.gif
    07FC_banner.gif
    50 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

AWS

Loc.
ST LOUIS
Gary, I just signed up. Quite a few from St. Louis have said that they are wanting to go, so if anyone wants to caravan with us let me know.
Steve Schmittgens

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I'm signed up!! Show me the good trails! ;D

Marc: We probably can set you up with the KGB crew - this is the group that supplied the trail guides for the Round Up at Gore this Spring. They are some pretty hardcore wheelers. I would suggest any body panels you have remaining on your buggy you leave back at camp! ;D

Gary, I just signed up. Quite a few from St. Louis have said that they are wanting to go, so if anyone wants to caravan with us let me know.
Steve Schmittgens

Steve: It will be good to see you and the St. Louis group again this year. Does Matt have all the car washes marked out on the route home in case he needs to get out of the rain??!!

nhopman

Signed up and looking forward to some new trails. Just hope they don't have any killer trees on them ;D

Nick

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh boy am I looking forward to this one! ;D

Brawnko

Loc.
Mechanicsville
Looking forward to checking out this new location! And meeting some folks I haven't met (but heard lot of stories ;D ) like OX :-X

OX1

Bronco Guru
Whats the deal on propane availability down there? I have 3, 10 gallon tanks now, but not sure if that will be enough.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking forward to checking out this new location! And meeting some folks I haven't met (but heard lot of stories ;D ) like OX :-X

If its something you heard about OX, it's all 'story' anyways...:p

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Whats the deal on propane availability down there? I have 3, 10 gallon tanks now, but not sure if that will be enough.

OX - I am sure there is some close by - maybe at one of the camprounds. But I will try to find out and let you know.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

OX: Here's the answer I got from Rose Daniels, President of Kentucky Mountain Crawlers -

Hi Gary,

There are 2 locations in the county that handle propane. They are about 6 miles from the Verda Field just outside of Harlan. Heritage Propane is open 7:30 to 4:30 Monday thru Friday with some Saturday hours and LP Energy is open 8:00 to 4:00 Monday thru Friday and 8:00 to 12:00 on Saturday.

Rose

HTH

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
So are most camping or staying somewhere? Looks like I may be flying solo so trying to find company.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm going..will sign up next week probably. Getting ready for the Big Dogs Main Jambo this weekend. ;D

We'll be camping with everyone else that is...

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
So are most camping or staying somewhere? Looks like I may be flying solo so trying to find company.

I think most people will be camping. I am planning on camping at Verda Field which is where the activities will be. $5/night donation to stay there. Other camping options are 1. Free primitive camping in the park http://www.harlancountytrails.com/ . Or if you want hook-ups and/or shower facilities, 2. Harlan County Campground http://www.harlancountycampground.com/

And some folks are staying at hotels in Harlan.

OX1

Bronco Guru
The campground claims......

"We are located at Black Mountain Recreational Park's Putney Trailhead on the north side of the mountain on Trail 45."

How close is this to the main area where everything will be going on? Would rather stay where there are showers, but both the rigs that will be with me are in no way even close to street legal.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
The campground claims......

"We are located at Black Mountain Recreational Park's Putney Trailhead on the north side of the mountain on Trail 45."

How close is this to the main area where everything will be going on? Would rather stay where there are showers, but both the rigs that will be with me are in no way even close to street legal.

OX - Verda Field is close to the Southern park entrance. I've been told it's about a 30 minute drive around the park (on roads) or about 30 to 45 minutes through the park (on trails). Maybe longer through the park at night or if the weather is bad. There supposedly is another campground on the south side, but I could not find a link to it. I'll see what I can find out.

OX1

Bronco Guru
OX - Verda Field is close to the Southern park entrance. I've been told it's about a 30 minute drive around the park (on roads) or about 30 to 45 minutes through the park (on trails). Maybe longer through the park at night or if the weather is bad. There supposedly is another campground on the south side, but I could not find a link to it. I'll see what I can find out.

Wonder how close this place is to Verda??? Claims "south"

http://www.evartsky.com/south.htm