• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fawl Crawl! Harlan KY Oct 9 & 10 - Pics/Vids Start Page 4!

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks to everybody that joined us for the Fawl Crawl. Hopefully you had a good time, met up with old friends, maybe met a few new ones and plan to come again. The weather was less than ideal but that seems to go with what we do. Stay tuned for more MEB events here and at www.earlybroncos.com.

Judy

wpaeb

Loc.
Clarion ,PA
Gary speedy recovery.
Randy, you have all the luck down there;D
Thanks to all who posted pictures.
Next year I should be able to make it.

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Just got back home from Harlem Kentucky and I am a little disappointed in that I didn't see any Broncos while in Harlem. We stayed over at the Everit side of the park. Everit is close to where all the hard core wheeling is AT. There was no sign of any Broncos wheeling in the lower rock garden and some of the other class 1 and 2 trails?

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just got back home from Harlem Kentucky and I am a little disappointed in that I didn't see any Broncos while in Harlem. We stayed over at the Everit side of the park. Everit is close to where all the hard core wheeling is AT. There was no sign of any Broncos wheeling in the lower rock garden and some of the other class 1 and 2 trails?

We were at lower rock garden with about 13 broncos on Friday, sorry we missed you! About 6 or so went thru it, the rest of us watched. Then we went to the upper rail bed. The one on its side in post #51 was on upper rail bed, and didn't even get any body damage.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had a great time wheeling this year looking forward to next year. It has a pleasure to see everyone. Heres a link to the pics my buddy Joe took.
http://broncohio.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=2762

Randy Smith

Very good pics Randy, your buddy captured the weekend just as it happened. It was nice to meet you, we'll see you next year. Come to the MEB Roundup in VA in June, its great wheelin' with lots of other stuff thrown in too.

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
This was my first trip to Harlan but I can certainly say it won't be my last. Missed the last few Crawl events as the last one I got to go to was in Tellico. Gary...sure hope the fingers heal well and fast but as mentioned, flex them as much as possible after you get the stitches out. Don't bust a stitch but the more you flex it the sooner you'll get back to full range of motion.

Yeah the weather was a little less than desirable but I've spent many a day just like that in Tellico...so it wasn't a damper...had a great time ;D Hope next time I'll have more time (only got to ride Saturday) and can hit more of the trails. From the pics, I really missed out Friday...:cry:

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky
;D

No wonder you couldn't find anyone, you were in the wrong place. The event was held in Harlan, Ky not Harlem. That's in NY. There is also a trail head in Evarts, Ky. No clue where Everit is. Maybe it's a suburb of Harlem. ;D

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru

For future reference- The event leaves/stages from the opposite side of Black Mountain Park- Harlan County campground is well out of town. There are numerous trails between the camp and the Everit side you entered on. The lower rock garden is not considered the hard core part of the trails. You did go by "Cream Puff" on the left beside a good size waterfall which is a gut check to say the least........... Come to the campground next year and leave with the groups to make sure you have plenty of broncos to watch. Hope you can join us.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
;D

No wonder you couldn't find anyone, you were in the wrong place. The event was held in Harlan, Ky not Harlem. That's in NY. There is also a trail head in Evarts, Ky. No clue where Everit is. Maybe it's a suburb of Harlem. ;D

Didn't realize you had to have a doctorate degree in English to post on here.

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
For future reference- The event leaves/stages from the opposite side of Black Mountain Park- Harlan County campground is well out of town. There are numerous trails between the camp and the Everit side you entered on. The lower rock garden is not considered the hard core part of the trails. You did go by "Cream Puff" on the left beside a good size waterfall which is a gut check to say the least........... Come to the campground next year and leave with the groups to make sure you have plenty of broncos to watch. Hope you can join us.

10-4 I plan on coming up next year and joining you group. The group I was with wanted to camp on the EVART side because all the good wheeling was on that side. I am not try to start any thing, I was just woundering why I seen no Broncos. Sorry if my spelling is not the best....

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
10-4 I plan on coming up next year and joining you group. The group I was with wanted to camp on the EVART side because all the good wheeling was on that side. I am not try to start any thing, I was just woundering why I seen no Broncos. Sorry if my spelling is not the best....

Not a deal at all- that is why I ended with "hope to see you next year". Besides, I can't dog someone 30min from my garage :) We need to get together sometime and kick some bronco tires!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Mill KNOB - Tell your buddies that with rain some of the hardest wheeling is trail 45 - the access trail from the Putney side! ;D Hope to see you with us next year.

Here's some of my pics. First pic is lining up at the campground. Next 2 are on Lower Rock Garden - Bernie (Roadburner) and Thomas. Next 2 are of Karl (KB6677) on Waterfall - making it look easy. Next 3 are coming up and out of Rail Bed - Chip, Jay and Brian. Next are 2 pics on White Tail - Bernie and Thomas - and then the group photo at White Tail Camp. Last pic is a shot of Thomas at the entrance to Lion's Den.

Attachments

• PA090092 S.jpg
    PA090092 S.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 16
  • PA090096 S.jpg
    PA090096 S.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 15
  • PA090097 S.jpg
    PA090097 S.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 15
  • PA090099 S.jpg
    PA090099 S.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 17
  • PA090101 S.jpg
    PA090101 S.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 23
  • PA090103 S.jpg
    PA090103 S.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 8
  • PA090107 S.jpg
    PA090107 S.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 11
  • PA090111 S.jpg
    PA090111 S.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 12
  • PA090112 S.jpg
    PA090112 S.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 21
  • PA090113 S .jpg
    PA090113 S .jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 22
  • PA090120 S.jpg
    PA090120 S.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 27
  • PA100133 S.jpg
    PA100133 S.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 24

broncorckcrwlr

Loc.
London, Ky

No offense intended Mill KNOB. Just having some fun at your expense. I wouldn't know how to spell them either if I didn't live in the vicinity. ;)

Emanonjb

Loc.
New Kent, VA
Thanks for posting the pics, didn't bring a camera so I couldn't take any of my own. I think I have spent more money in gas to pressure wash the KY Mud off of my truck than I did making the 8 hour drive to KY.