• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL Holopawlooza 2009 *Official* Registration Thread...

ucbronco

Loc.
Summerfield, FL
The closest and cleanest as well as being american owned is the Alligator Lakeside Inn. It is just before the town of Harmony and usually runs about $40 a night. www.lakesideinnfl.com

6264 Alligator Lake Shore East,

St. Cloud, Florida 34771

(407)
892-3195

SeaninSt.Cloud

Mango, I never stayed in any of the hotels in St. Cloud but I pass by them on the way to work every day-most are cheesy-seems like a lot of weekly rental- and I would rather camp out with my family at suburban than stay at those motels. Kissimmee is just as bad-low end tourist trap hotels. Less bugs camping then in those rooms;D Plus, you have to worry about your truck sitting out there all night and the good possibility of someone messing with it. The closest to suburban, that I know of, is about 8-10 miles away. It has a biker bar and a convience store-without gas now-not sure if that is the Lakeside Inn place or not. Slim pickins. I am out in Harmony and I am in between suburban and St. Cloud. Good luck!

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
I have an extra flywheel...

Smokeater:
Have you determined what flywheel you need yet? I have an extra 50oz that came from a ZF/351 combo. I can check out the tooth count if you think it might work.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Yes sir I have located a donor vehicle that I am going to go in the morning and pull the flywheel and clutch assembly out of. Hopefully everything will be in good shape and I can just bolt it on my motor and put everything back to gether. If tommorow goes smoothly I'll be back on track for having my rig ready!! But tommorow is an important day.......

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
I will keep the hotels as a backup plan. Thanks for the research.

Mango, I never stayed in any of the hotels in St. Cloud but I pass by them on the way to work every day-most are cheesy-seems like a lot of weekly rental- and I would rather camp out with my family at suburban than stay at those motels. Kissimmee is just as bad-low end tourist trap hotels. Less bugs camping then in those rooms;D Plus, you have to worry about your truck sitting out there all night and the good possibility of someone messing with it. The closest to suburban, that I know of, is about 8-10 miles away. It has a biker bar and a convience store-without gas now-not sure if that is the Lakeside Inn place or not. Slim pickins. I am out in Harmony and I am in between suburban and St. Cloud. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. We will try to get out early on Friday and come up to camp.
If I did park at one of those hotels, and someone stole my bimini top, what would you suggest for a quick and easy replacement?
Looking forward to seeing the blue-top.
Chuck.

69 Fl. Bronc

My wife and I will be there sat. a.m. without the bronco. Can't afford to rent a trailer. That so sucks.

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
My wife and I will be there sat. a.m. without the bronco. Can't afford to rent a trailer. That so sucks.

Yup .... that sucks ..
sorry dont know anyone on the west coast with a car trailer
did you try u-haul ???
there auto transporter is about 40.- a day

Show up to the gathering with your EB and i give you 20.- in cash + the shirt for free !!!! ;)

Last edited:

ohpoo2

Contributor
I forgot about the Lakeside Inn They have redone cabins and a diner they are owned by harmony now.

bearsden73

Loc.
Palm Bay, Florida
all sorry for dragging my feet but am sure of making it now!!!!

this is Rob D from Palm Bay. have been doing this stuff forever but have not attended any events in more than 4 years. finally have 76 ready for action. we call her tiger frog. will post pics when I get them taken. will be there for saturday only. will be at gas station at 9:30am. will have tow rig(Suburban and trailer). will have myself and one rider(wyn from Palm Bay). would have loved to get shirts but did not register in time. not that big a deal. working on very limited budget. have some parts if people need stuff(I have the riser someone was looking for(STC style not besttop)). hope to see everyone out there. thanks for those that started this deal and I know how much work and how time consuming it is. lets have some fun. and go easy on me it has been a long time since the last time. HEHEHEHEHEHE

see everyone there

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
AWESOME ROB !!! :eek:
cant wait to see you rig in person !!!! ;)

fla67

What are the plans for the guys going over on Friday. I have taken the day off. I will be driving from Tampa. I cant believe it is almost here!

Bryan 813.944.9244

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Anyone else from Tampa/St. Pete Going? Convoy?

Might not be a bad idea to convoy if anyone is interested. I'm planning on heading out Friday afternoon.
Anyone heard from Brian Cherry (72Bronco)? He's a Tampa guy. I'll give him a shout.

SeaninSt.Cloud

If I did park at one of those hotels, and someone stole my bimini top, what would you suggest for a quick and easy replacement?
Looking forward to seeing the blue-top.
Chuck.

I would have to special order a new blue top from Rednecks R Us, should take 6-8 weeks, but I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows another guy, so I could probably get a new one in 9 weeks;D

truck174ff

Loc.
st. cloud fl
sean we cannot go another weekend without seeing another blue ragtop on that truck of yours. you always make me laugh. Hey I'm gonna be there on friday to scout out the terrain with some of my buddies on 4 wheelers. When are you comin out?

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Well guys, the good Lord smiled on me today and I am thrilled to report that my rig now RUNS!!! We got it fired tonight!!! It only took 4 years and 27 days but it finally runs... I got the flywheel and clutch issues fixed and we decided to try and get it to fire and it did!! I'm as happy as a school girl!!!

Banjer Picker,
Brian Cherry is not coming to the event due to a prior family commitment out of town.

thirdtime

Contributor
It's amazing to see how much time and money we will spend to hear the sound of an engine fire for the first time.;D Congrats.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Thank you sir!!

For the last 2 weeks on Friday when I got off work at 11pm I went home and changed clothes and went to the shop and worked all night and all day Sat. This past weekend I was up for 40 hours from Friday morning until late Sat night just trying to get this thing done for this event. As of last night I believe I might actually get it done.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Well guys, the good Lord smiled on me today and I am thrilled to report that my rig now RUNS!!! We got it fired tonight!!! It only took 4 years and 27 days but it finally runs... I got the flywheel and clutch issues fixed and we decided to try and get it to fire and it did!! I'm as happy as a school girl!!!

Banjer Picker,
Brian Cherry is not coming to the event due to a prior family commitment out of town.

AWESOME .... you got 8 days to dial it in , work out all the bugs and take test drives / laps in your backyard ... lol have fun !!!

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Alright guys I'm gonna give you some phone numbers to write down. These are the people you need to call if you have any issues en route to Holopawlooza that would make you later than 9:30am on Sat morning. These guys can also answer most of your questions about the event you might have.

Mark Hughes(smokeater11) 863-559-6910
Chris Williams(yANK) 407-433-9385
Darren McGhee(ohpoo2) 407-729-3991
Franko (franko289) 561-281-8150

There may be some more numbers added to this list at a later time so check back again before you head out on Fri or Sat.

Note: we all have jobs and can't always answer our phones so please leave a message with a name & number and we'll get back to you ASAP.