• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB 2012 Round Up June 21-23, Gore, VA ** PICS START PAGE 17 **

nhopman

I thought I missed this already....

So, how many early Broncos are expected this year? I'd love to make this. Just got mine out of storage for three years. It has some brake and suspension issues I don't think will be resolved in time.

Should be 100+ rigs there.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
I heard the weather forecast on the news this morning. Thursday high is expected to be record breaking and heat advisory setting with an index of 101!

Anybody know the elevation of the Cove? Hopefully it's a little higher up and cooler...

The field can be a bit warm but up on the mountain under trees is usually not too bad. You could always jump in the lake.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Ok, last minute stuff/questions (from a 1st timer). Is there an address or coordinates that I can punch into the gps? Is there a gate or anything that is shut during the night? Going to try to roll in either late Wed night or early Thurs morning. Not sure exactly when yet- it all depends on work Wed.

Is it possible to ride all the trails in 1 weekend? I'd like to run easier trails Thurs, harder trails Fri, and the hardest ones on Sat. Does this typically happen, or is it a 'group consensus' type of thing? No biggie either way, just curious.

See you, y'all, and yoos guys soon!

oh, and i'll have an open seat, if anyone wants to ride along.

nhopman

Ok, last minute stuff/questions (from a 1st timer). Is there an address or coordinates that I can punch into the gps? Is there a gate or anything that is shut during the night? Going to try to roll in either late Wed night or early Thurs morning. Not sure exactly when yet- it all depends on work Wed.

Is it possible to ride all the trails in 1 weekend? I'd like to run easier trails Thurs, harder trails Fri, and the hardest ones on Sat. Does this typically happen, or is it a 'group consensus' type of thing? No biggie either way, just curious.

See you, y'all, and yoos guys soon!

oh, and i'll have an open seat, if anyone wants to ride along.

address:
980 Cove Road
Gore , Virginia 22637
Phone: 540-858-2882
E-Mail: Cove@hughes.net

Their Directions: Go to Gore, 12 miles west of Winchester on U.S. Route 50 West and turn left on Route 751. Take a left onto Route 704 and drive 4.5 miles to Route 683. Take a left on Route 683 and drive 1.5 miles to the Cove headquarters

(definitely go to Winchester and get on Hwy 50. Most GPS and maps will want to get off of I-81 before Winchester and will take you on a 2 lane twisty through towns mess to get there.)

Don't know if you could do all the trails in one weekend, there's quite a few of them. We line up each morning in groups depending on trail level. You can fall in with an easier group the first day and move up or down in diffuculty the following days.

I believe they leave the gate open for the event so you can get in anytime.

broncosbybart

Bronco Guru
Cool. Thanks for the info Nick!!

Oh, and when do the organized trail rides (usually) organize/start? Want to know when I need to be there by if I roll in on Thurs morning.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
MIGHT take you up on the empty seat though!

nhopman

Here's an abbreviated Itinerary:

Wednesday, June 20
5:00- 9:00 PM Sign-In/tech

Thursday, June 21
8:30 AM Drivers meet / tech
9:00 AM Trail Rides depart
5:00-9:00 PM Sign In/Tech

Friday, June 22
7:30 AM Sign-In/tech
8:30 AM Photo / driver meet
9:00 AM Trail Rides depart
5:00-7:00 PM Show-n-Shine/Swap Meet
5:30-7:00 PM Late Sign-In
7:00-8:00 PM Dinner
7:30 PM Turtle Race/Ramp Event

Saturday, June 23
7:30 AM Sign-In/tech 2nd Photo
9:00 AM Trail Rides/Rock Challenge
9:00-3:00 Street Cruise
1:00 PM Kids Fishing Contest
5:30 PM Blind Driver Course
6:30-7:45 PM Dinner
8:00 PM Awards/Prize Drawing

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Headed out hopefully about noon or whenever Camping World gets done installing the new awning... RV is packed to almost the gills.

Raffle prizes including Full width offset coil buckets, HD Lower Coil Retainers, Hood Struts, Tailgate Cables and Track Bar Raise Bracket.

A full FSB SAS setup in there for the Big Dog's/Eugene delivery (and likely installation) service, Manifold to dual exhaust pipes for Carr, Headlight adjustment screws for Spinney via Sasquatch delivery service (Spinney really knows how to get the big savings on shipping!) ;D Bolts for Bradley, Key Blanks for Oliver, Shift knob for Roberts, Brake Cables for Breckenridge, Door Hinges for Hatten.

Anyone I on here that missed? Holler at me in the AM. Still got room in the top bunk, but yes the shower is already packed with T-shirt tubs. ;)

When we hauled to Moab Dad was none too happy that I threw in a set of trail doors "just in case" since we had the enclosed trailer but sure enough they went home to California with a happy camper! Unfortunatey, I don't have that luxury this time. If you're thinking about something tho, I will do my best to make it happen!

Suzy

P.S. hyghlndr can't promise anything but I MAY have the back seat open if you don't find a better offer. I've got a 4 way fight going for my passenger seat right now depending on the day!

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
If you are heading in today look out for a fallen tree before the boy scout campground. I had to use my bronco and a tow rope to pull it back enough to get my RV in. I told the Cove but dont know how long it will take to remove it.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Started a MEB Round Up live picture thread. Let's see who posts the first pictures!

GDTorx

Loc.
Bluemont
Rolling in tomorrow...

hopefully by 5 since I just picked it up from the garage this evening; if you see a red, uncut 67 that means the brakes actually work now. If anyone forgot something important (kids, medicine, etc) between DC and there shoot me a PM before noon and I'll try to make room and pick it up for you.

-Ken