• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

armynavy17

Contributor
Chased down an oil leak. Came out to find a puddle of oil under the engine the other day. Couldn't work on it till today. The best I could find was the oil filter was leaking. Kind of odd... I changed the oil a month ago and have over 2000 miles on it and now it starts to leak??? :p

I'm having the same exact problem with my oil filter, I have no idea how it started.

Anyway, today I re-grounded my KC's so they work again, after painting my bumper it was no longer grounded to my frame. I also stared at the engine dreaming about being able to pull it out and rebuild it... to bad it's my DD.

Fredly1

Swapped from my 35's
62b63ee7-b933-abac.jpg

To my 33's
62b63ee7-b95a-efac.jpg

Just gotta lower it now

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I'm having the same exact problem with my oil filter, I have no idea how it started.

Anyway, today I re-grounded my KC's so they work again, after painting my bumper it was no longer grounded to my frame. I also stared at the engine dreaming about being able to pull it out and rebuild it... to bad it's my DD.

more than likley part of the old gasket is on there or maybe a bur on the sealing surface. haven't done anything to mine in a while%)

broncokak

Bronco Guru
more than likley part of the old gasket is on there or maybe a bur on the sealing surface. haven't done anything to mine in a while%)

Yup, I cleaned the filter gasked off really good and the seat on the block and put the filter back on. Then washed it all good. So far, no more leak. ;D

msweb

Bronco Guru
Not much today! Replaced my 69-77 front turn signals with the 66-68 versions and they look way better. Not even comparable to the other in my eyes.

Was that a relatively easy swap? I agree with you that the older ones look MUCH better. Did you swap just the lenses or buckets and everything? Have before and after pics?

crews44

Loc.
Mullica Hill, NJ
They're fun to ride in but awesome to drive. Now get back to work on yours.;D

I was gonna ask to drive but if I was in his position I would had declined...I will be in the garage Sun, mon, tues and thursday....have a pile of parts in the garage and in the middle of body work now....I am hoping by fall to be driving this damned thing....

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Was that a relatively easy swap? I agree with you that the older ones look MUCH better. Did you swap just the lenses or buckets and everything? Have before and after pics?

The swap is pretty easy for the most part. A little bit of cutting and grinding with the dremel and grinder. I'm not sure if it could be done with the grill mounted to the truck or not. I was lucky because my grill was off the truck at the time and personally I think it should be removed to do the conversion. Once you get the grill off it should take less than and hour to get it all squared away.

As for what needs to be replaced. Pretty much everything. The older style lights have a completely different assembly which is smaller than the newer style that replaced them for some reason. %)

Unfortunately I don't have any pics of the 69 - 77 lights but I will post a pic of the 66 - 68 lights that just installed and look for another to compare it to!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Yesterday I put most of the front clip back together. Looks like a BRONCO again. ;D I also mounted the hood as well and it needs to be shimmed a bit to center it. Other than that, looks good.

Did notice a little mistake with the drier for the A/C. I should have moved it up a bit but it works where it is as well. Just could be a bit higher. I will most likely move it up. %)

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Let some smoke out of the wires at the ignition switch...luckily I was 3.4 miles from home, and AAA towed me no charge (it helped that the driver LOVED the Turd).

Time for upgrades!!

msweb

Bronco Guru
The swap is pretty easy for the most part. A little bit of cutting and grinding with the dremel and grinder.....

Cool, thanks! Anyone remember seeing a tech article on the swap? I looked but can't find it.

myclsic69

After a bunch of BS with the wires,the Ohms meter and removal of the fuel guage, I am pretty sure the Guage is smoked, (wire burnt of inside) ,with luck, a Bud down the street has one. I will pick that up today.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Well, I thought I had fixed my oil leak but I guess not. Come to find out it isn't oil at all. It's antireeze! It's dripping onto the top of the oil filter where it meets the block. Pretty much all of the water pump bolts are loose? Anyone ever have this happen to an Explorer motor? I tightend them back down and really hope I don't have to pull it apart and put new gaskets it but maybe that would be the best thing to do.

Deano

Bronco Guru
I got my windows tinted today
c6e4c01f-9231-82e2.jpg
c6e4c01f-9279-4c0b.jpg
It made it cooler to drive in the hot sun with heater fan on and the vent open