• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

msweb

Bronco Guru
finished welding my floors in and my aux gas tank hole up yesterday during the 70 degree weather we had. As for today, after the rain, snow and hail, I installed my new 23 gal tank from JBG. My wife ordered it for me for Christmas. How she got that right Ill never know %)

Looks good and doesn't sit as low as I thought it would. No body lift? Probably stupid question, but the rear bumper doesn't need to be removed for installation, does it?

JakeAlex

Loc.
New Albany, MS
Looks good and doesn't sit as low as I thought it would. No body lift? Probably stupid question, but the rear bumper doesn't need to be removed for installation, does it?

I was really surprised to see that it didn’t look that bad after all. I was under the impression that it was going to hang too low as well but I’m pleased. I don’t have a body lift. I suppose that it would hang lower if you had the tank that I have (non-adjustable) and had a body lift.

I wouldn’t think you would have to remove the rear bumper at all. You do however have to remove 4 bolt on pieces that are in each corner of the area that the tank will be going in. I couldn’t get it to fit until I removed them. As for the bumper, it had home-made bumpers when I got it and I cut them off of the frame so I can go back with factory bumpers. I just haven’t gotten them yet…

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I got the new radiator, alt and a few other misc stuff in there and fired it up. Drove it for the first time since November! It felt FAST, and the steering handled way better than I remembered. It was a good day. ;D

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
Returned my rear spring shackles to their proper orientation. A miraculous cure to my leaning truck did not occur.

Fatboy6200

good day

;Dgot my body ready for the blaster and more grinding on the frame

Attachments

• brians bronco progress 122.jpg
    brians bronco progress 122.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 15
  • brians bronco progress 125.jpg
    brians bronco progress 125.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 10
  • brians bronco progress 127.jpg
    brians bronco progress 127.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 15

msweb

Bronco Guru
Congrats to all of you and your progress over these last few days. You have inspired me to work on my Bronco tomorrow - maybe. It might be cold out, I may be sore from the weather, I may just be lazy or I may get lucky and be ambitious. Guess we'll find out tomorrow!

efossett

Loc.
Bakersfield
Bought one and drove it home (over 300 miles)....I'm now a Bronco Owner (again) :D

72 with 89 crown vic 5.0 and efi, NP435, Dana 44 an 9" with 4.56, Dana 20 with tera flex 3.19, 3.5" lift and 2" body lift, 35's...minimal rust (just surface)...needs paint...I think I shook the headers loose or something though (starting backfiring bad and running rough/lost power)

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
Wheeled mine all weekend at the Stampede, never skipped a beat. Gotta love being fuel injected :cool:

msweb

Bronco Guru
Wheeled mine all weekend at the Stampede, never skipped a beat. Gotta love being fuel injected :cool:

I dreamnt someone came over and took all the parts out of the box and swapped me over to fuel injection. I'm going to dream about it again tonight but even harder and hope it works this time.

Congrats on the smooth trip and sucessful swap!

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Yesterday I picked up a HP Dana 44 and 9 inch from a 1977 f100. mmmmh....full width here I come.