• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4 link, ORI's, narrowed D60w/only 2.5" lift, 5"+WB stretch, 2" floor lower, P/S....,

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Oh, and he spent 15 min re-doing a ton of computer settings in the TermX software b4 I unloaded the Bronco off the trailer and for the very first time it idled pretty dang good.

Right THEN, I knew I had the right guy! :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Almost there. Still need to make the covers for the cowl access holes, so I can mount the ECU and do some other small stuff.

My 2 5/8" x 14" Wix air filter with some cross brace mods fits. Wix # 46037. I always run outer covers on everything that goes off road. Keeps sand & water out!

Attachments

• 20240519_123815.jpg
    20240519_123815.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Can’t be havin that old school looking stuff in there, that’ll never work🤣

Really like it, however not enough to change mine😝
I am still missing that big thing with all the wires sticking out of it tho...

Willing to bet that 70% of people think it's carbed! lol

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Hi flow solenoid for my air horn. :)

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Been into truck horns on or under the hood since HS. :)

This picture is my first "car", which was a '42 Ford MB in my parents yard, 1971. Yellow house on the left in the background was my girlfriends... now my wife. Always kept her close by!.

Attachments

• 20240519_132402.jpg
    20240519_132402.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 24

rocknhorse76

Contributor
Bronco owner since 1993 💪🏻
Loc.
Central WA
Almost there. Still need to make the covers for the cowl access holes, so I can mount the ECU and do some other small stuff.

My 2 5/8" x 14" Wix air filter with some cross brace mods fits. Wix # 46037. I always run outer covers on everything that goes off road. Keeps sand & water out!
That looks really good Brian. Mine was acting up a bit today, which makes me want to do the Holley system too!

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
That looks really good Brian. Mine was acting up a bit today, which makes me want to do the Holley system too!
Well I can tell you one thing I can tell you how not to do it LOL. :)

Piece of cake, just don't talk to anyone at Holley except for Bill. Everyone else there says WS won't work and why don't you want to use ls coils?

If I was running 8,000 rpm all day I'd say yes, but I don't want 8 coils on an engine that ran great with ONE COIL & went 50k miles on one set of plugs-& we both don't like the look! Many airplane engines use WS and they have a bit more risk flying in the air than I do coasting to the shoulder if an ignition problem occurs! Ha

I need to write the instructions step by step for WS- I'll ask Jon if he wants another tech article???

My mistake that cost me over a week of banging my head against the wall was believing in the ls coil guy to cut me a tune. You & Steve are up on other outside influences on life here but this needed to be 100% wrapped up two weeks ago.
Anyway, seems like it's running really good now, will have some cold weather & small tune stuff I'm sure but hey, in a few months I'll be really happy I upgraded.

I do have to admit that it's hard to tune from 3,000 miles...

Last edited:
OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Last one took weeks, so if I do another complete writeup it will take a while. :)

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Likely you have as it's one of the very few pics that I have of that era of work and I'm pretty proud of some of the things that we achieved there.
Just from reading and listening to some of your projects you've been involved in... pretty cool stuff and above my pay grade! :)

One of these weeks I've got to end up wandering around in your neck of the wood with the rest of "that group" and hear some more of these stories/projects! :)

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Learn or enable closed loop is on for the ECU. After a hundred miles of cruising I don't see the AFR above 13 when cruising, like level road. Seems a bit rich. I would think it would get to the magic 14.1 for 10% ethanol gas fairly soon.

Last edited:

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Most of those projects I'm just the poor schmuck who gets to figure out how to make what the highbrows came up with, actually work.

Are modern ECU's good enough to hit and hold a specific AFR? Last time that I was elbows-deep in something like this the ECU see-sawed back and forth across the ideal. Rich to lean to rich to lean. Not by a lot, but obvious with a meter.

OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Yeah, I'm not looking for afr rock steadiness by any means but the Term X should be able to get closer to it's target afr when programming & running.

My Moates would stay in the 14's when just cruising, hit the pedal a bit and 13 or lower as these were the numbers the tuner programmed for. I am in power afr #'s all the time while cruising and even richer while accelerating.

I'll call today after checking target afr and see if closed loop is enabled or not.

Watched some tuning stuff last night on enrichment & a couple other settings that block "enable" closed loop- if left on while tuning but so far it looks like it's in "enable learning" mode.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nvrstuk

nvrstuk

Contributor
Learn mode on one of the several settings where you can turn it on, turn it off, or just NOT KNOW that you have multiple places to incapacitate the learning mode... tuner did this. I actually figured something out. lol

It was in the coolant mode area. So I am actually seeing high 13's and 14.1 or so now. Never saw 14 before.

Now I need to tweak the IAC or whatever doesn't allow it to run smooth during warmup. I might try setting "learn mode" now to lower temps and see if it will learn on it's own b4 it reaches t-stat. From what I have seen that isn't common for it to be able to learn below tstat temp.