• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FL Holopawlooza 2009 *Official* Registration Thread...

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
With Big Tim's monster EB now registered I have 40 rigs that have actually come on this thread and signed up. I KNOW we have more than that coming to the event but this is my submission that Franko's original prediction for the # of rigs we would have for year #1 was correct...so Franko...you da man!! This is one time when I'm thrilled to be wrong!! With a late push we could get to 60 in the next 2 weeks so ya'll call your friends with EBs. If I can get the required registration info from these people that are coming but not on the board I will add them to the registered list.

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
***********.....................................\
HOLOPALOOZA ................** ___ ./|_ ../._\_____
IN 14 DAYS ....................**|...___ \ .__.|.___...|
~~~~~~~~~................**|_/***\_____/***\_|#
..........................................**@** .....**@**
............................................*** ______***

~~;) ~~:eek: ~~;D ~~:cool: ~~:) ~~;) ~~:D ~~:eek: ~~;D ~~:cool: ~~

Banjer Picker

Bronco Guru
Fired UP!

I'm getting fired up! Had daydreams today of tons o broncos backed up to a campfire with everyone sitting on the tail gates doing their thing.(like an old wagon train) One of my buddies that was considdering bringing his Jeep out there won't be able to bring it.....'cause he's now the owner of a '73 Bronco!!! Irony at it's finest. Don't think he'll have the bronco in time for the event though. He's got to get it at his brothers house in TX.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
I feel you Picker!! It is 12:20am on Sat morning and I'm not coming in from the shop, I'm heading TO the shop to work on my rig. I got my dizzy in today and i have a lot of wiring to get ready for. Also have quite a few other things to tend to so I'm forgoing sleep and heading to the shop. I've been at work since Wed. morning and I'm itching to get my hands dirty. If all goes well today it might be running by this afternoon!!! Ya'll wish me luck!!!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Franko, you need to make Big Tim's windshield name tag out of poster board so we all can read it. That little one might not work for his rig.

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
LOL BAX....
ok guys time is up for ordering event shirts .... 58 it is !!!!

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
going to be close i blew the motor on my brothers 66 bronco i rebuilt a 170 today and i will be putting it in tonight i hope all goes well and it will be there i want to mess his bronco up not mine when we go wheeling. Ran my bronco around town today just to make sure it was ok all is well see you guys in two weeks

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Unless there is a miracle from above I WILL NOT have my rig ready for the event. I discovered today that I have the wrong flywheel and clutch kit. So I now have to find a new 164 tooth flywheel and an 11 inch clutch kit, drop the t-case, NP435 and bellhousing replace all the afore mentioned stuff and still finish everything I needed to do before. I just don't see it happening...... Sorry guys, I'll keep trying but it ain't looking good:(

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
chris and mark ....

sorry to hear you both have mechanical trouble

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Franko I'm not giving up on it but I just don't know if I can afford a new flywheel and clutch along with the rest of the stuff I still have to do before the event. I'm gonna be calling all the junk yards in 3 counties tommorow morning to see what I can find. If I can get the parts I need for less than $100.00 I can still get it done. But it'll be almost $250.00 if i have to buy them new and I just don't have that right now.

yANK

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Saint Cloud
Mark i have a 302 clutch all new kit you come over you can have it i will ask around for a flywheel. Ok i built the 170 sat took out the old motor and sunday morning had the new one in and driveing down the road by 1pm today so its looking good for my brothers 66 thanks darren for all your help today

ebronco

Loc.
Apopka
Smokeater

Is the 164 flywheel stock? If so I probably have two. and then I have 2 three finger clutches in the garage. It thats what you need, I will sell you a set at $100. You will have to come get them.

Let me know and I will look in the garage for them....

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
I am thinking of getting a motel room on Friday night to put me closer to Holopaw Sat am. It is hard to get my family going in the morning, and I don't want to miss out on gate entry or hold anyone up.
Can anyone recommend a cheap, convenient place for Friday night?

Thanks.
Chuck.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Coming from Sarasota look for something in Kissimmee or St. Cloud. yANK or ohpoo2 would be of better help than me though they live local to Holopaw.

ohpoo2

Contributor
Jim, I think he needs the 50 oz flywheel and the stock are 28. I think they were telling him from a 80's model F150 truck would work.

Chuck, for a hotel maybe melbourne by 95 or back into st. cloud Dont really know there names to tell you. Darren

If your just wanting the night before I would say there are some places right at the turnpike & 192 before you get into st. cloud that are good. They change names so offen I cant keep up.

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I am thinking of getting a motel room on Friday night to put me closer to Holopaw Sat am. It is hard to get my family going in the morning, and I don't want to miss out on gate entry or hold anyone up.
Can anyone recommend a cheap, convenient place for Friday night?

Thanks.
Chuck.

HEY CHUCK ..
wy not bring the Fam. out to holopaw on fry afternoon / evening like alot of us doing ??
I be pulling in on Fry around 3 Pm !!! ;)
add that night riding on fry should be fun to !!! ;) ;) ;)

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Chuck,

I did some looking for hotels in the surrounding areas of Holopaw. These are 3 you might want to look into.

Budget Inn
602 13th St
St. Cloud 34769
407-892-2858

Quality Inn
2050 E. Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy
Kissimmee 34744
407-846-4545

Hunter Arms Hotel
1029 New York Ave
St. Cloud 34769
407-891-9855

Last edited:

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Standby I just found 2 more that are within 2 miles of the gas station we are meeting at. They are:

Westgate Inn
9200 E. Irlo Bronson Hwy
St. Cloud
863-424-2621

Comfort Inn
9330 E. Irlo Bronson Hwy
St. Cloud
863-424-8420

But like Franko said if you're gonna come that far you might as well just come on out to the campsite and hang out with us.

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
Thanks for the research. I know I can get off early on Friday, but will need to check my wifes schedule, which changes its mind right up to the last minute. If we can make it up there at a decent time, I would be happy to camp Friday night.
Decision may also be based on hotel rates.