• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thinking about producing trail covers...

is thre interest in a revivied "saddle up" type trail cover?

• Total voters

jmhend

Bronco Guru
I like it Mike and I think the pricing is very fair. Once again nicely done.

NateMob

Would this stand up to being towed with? I would be very interested if it could handle tow speeds.

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Serguei sent one of each but I don't have a full cage to test it on. I'll get out my soft top frame and try to hang it over that. If the old one stood up to towing speeds, this will too. The fabric is equal or a little thicker. External texture seems to be more deeply ribbed (although it could be that the samples are just worn more). It's also got a shiny coating on the inside. Serguei said he made the sides (4) FOUR inches longer. Is that enough or do you guys want more? He says he can go a little longer without having to add material. Serguei, Colors other than black??? (He follows the posts).

Randy- Mel said to tell you; she's going to sell yours back to you..... ;D;D;D

Tasker/Loco-
Send me your addresses so I can return your samples. Serguei kept your boxes. I'll return them promptly and thanks again for helping out. When you're ready for new ones, We'll work something out that's beneficial to everyone.

Mike

Last edited:

NateMob

Looks awesome to me! And sounds like ill be getting one! Black is the perfect color for my Bronco.

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
one more thing...

Forgot to mention- it would have fit better but I have the high rise aluminum piece installed that lets you use the stock wiper motor bracket with your soft top/bikini. That raised the cover up in front so the lower edge sits higher across the windshield than normal and the front and bottom of the door flap doesn't covered as well. Just sayin.

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Should the door flaps be longer?

Heard back from Serguei. He can add up to 6'' length on the door opening covers without incurring more material cost if people think its a good idea or not. The flaps in the pics are already 4 inches longer.

NateMob

I think the length on the doors looks fine. A lot of Broncos run a modified and higher rocker panel anyway, much longer and its just going to wrap around and under the always muddy and dirty underside of the rocker.

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
I'll pay an extra $20 to make mine 10" longer?????;D;D;D

Where you been? LONGER, refers to the FLAPS (which I know you knew since you're the smart one of the bunch of us). I'll ask Serguei how much for added LENGTH (ten inches, right?) Shouldn't be more than $100 extra....;D

Heading out to Carlisle Fall to drown and freeze. Have a street tub and all the parts for display (for a change). Should be fun.

Rgds, Mike

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
trail cover on a half cab

Covers look good. How would the fit be on a half? What options will be avaiable?

Just got back from Fall Carlisle. WET. We gave up Saturday afternoon. I'm from the Pacific Northwest and it was too wet for me.

EB in AK- Good question. Probably have the lower glass showing due to the added height. I'll try it on mine and post some pics as soon as it quits raining sometime next year..... Got a bad feeling houses are going under water again in the next couple days if it doesn't stop soon.

Tasker- You cover is on the way back tomorrow. Again, Many Thanks.

Loco- You haven't sent me your return address yet. PM me Brother.

Sold the sample full cage cover at Carlisle to Bronco Ed. Hope to have pics of it this week on his truck. His white roadster is GORGEOUS. He's listed it in BD Mag for $32500. I told him it was too cheap.

The sample slant back trail cover is available for someone in instant need. $165. If you want one down the road, email me and I'll send you the link to Serguei for now until we get a page for him up on our site. Serguei has black and grey material in stock and can ship in a couple days from time of order.

No more shows for us this year. Whew. Now we have a dozen tubs to get out by spring to stay caught up. We're delivering tub 20 something (can't remember) at Super Celebration '12.

Ben-
haven't forgotten about you. I'll bug Serguei again about your "special needs" cover. ;D;D;D

Rgds to All, Mike

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
I realize that the discussion is for a trail cover... I am interested.
Just ordered the soft window set up, to use with my soft top. I am happy that there USA quality products available.

I am also interested in seeing someone create a halfcab softtop and tonneau cover.
From the best of my knowledge no one offers this.

If you need a Bronco to use for a mock up I will be happy to provide one. ;)

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
I realize that the discussion is for a trail cover... I am interested.
Just ordered the soft window set up, to use with my soft top. I am happy that there USA quality products available.

I am also interested in seeing someone create a halfcab softtop and tonneau cover.
From the best of my knowledge no one offers this.

If you need a Bronco to use for a mock up I will be happy to provide one. ;)

Hey Ed-
We started on an extended bikini some time ago that overlaps our "Jammer" in back and meets the top and back of our soft window frames effectively sealing the truck in a "soft" half cab. I'd like to make it so you can reuse your full soft top hardware. I'll start a thread or post pics here as we move further down that road. Its not as easy as the trail cover which Serguei did easily. He's the one who gets all the credit (and money I hope) for the effort.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I built a half cab top. It turned out good. To much work to try and sell them. A fiberglass shell would be good for the tonneau cover

Attachments

• P1010005_4.JPG
    P1010005_4.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7076.jpg
    IMG_7076.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 75
  • P1010005.JPG
    P1010005.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 74
OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Hey Bax-
Nicely done, But does it have a 351 M in it?? ;D

Seriously, looks good. Is the half soft cover being supported by the full cage or is it on its own bows? I have something in mind that can be broken down for storage on board when you want wide open driving.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
It has its own frame so the canvas can come off easy but not the frame. The back window canvas is separate so it can come off and the rear shade piece zips off. here are some frame pictures. Its not a design that is made to come off. it has window and riser seals and a seal at the half cad bulkhead. So it is a permanent top the canvas is all that comes off. I know a lot of people want to be able to remove everything but this will not make them happy. it's pretty hard to make a top do everything to please everyone for less than say, a rampage top.

Attachments

• IMG_6660.jpg
    IMG_6660.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6676.jpg
    IMG_6676.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_6682.jpg
    IMG_6682.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 55